Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Lyla Girl

Dear Lyla,
Today you, my sweet baby, are 13 weeks and tomorrow you will be 3 months old. It seems so surreal sometimes because I wished for you for so long and now you’re here and I lose my breath sometimes looking at you and holding you. I can’t believe you are getting so big and developing in ways that make you so different from week to week. One of my favorite things you did starting your first week was make this strange sound from your throat--not quite a hum and not quite a grunt. It was just a Lyla sound and it was completely awesome. But you no longer make that sound and I really miss it. You make new sounds, more complex and engaging that I also love but, I find myself already missing some of your Lylaness that was you as a newborn. Happy 13 weeks and 3 months baby girl. You are and will always be loved and cherished
love, mama

No comments:

Post a Comment