Friday, May 6, 2011

has it really been 6 months?

Dear Lyla,
Today you are 6 months old. It's simply amazing that you can possibly be so old and yet still so very young at the same time. In the last 6 months, I have been filled with such a deep and boundless love for you that at times I've felt like I might explode and I have to put you down so I don't squeeze you too tightly. I have loved you from the second you were placed onto my chest and into my arms the day you were born. And my love for you continues to grow as our days, weeks and months together go by. I love your smile; I love your mouthing kisses; I love your giggles; I love your exploring, expressive and bright eyes; I love your laughter; I love nursing you; I love our good mornings and good nights; I love your smell; I love your soft skin; I love your screams of excitement; I love the sounds that you make; I love that you sound out ma ma ma ma ma ma even though I know you're not saying and understanding the word mama; I love your rolls across the room; I love your attempts to crawl; I love your cute tiny nose, round tummy, your hands and monkey feet; I love that you love massages; I love that you love on me; I love that you are happy to see me come into a room after I've been gone even for just a minute; I love that you love when papa comes home from the office; I love that you seem happy; I love that you remind me of your papa and I remember our young love when I do; I love that you get excited; I love that you stretch like me; I love that on many nights when I look into your cosleeper I can find you sleeping with your feet or a hand in the air; I love that you and papa share music; I love that we read together; I love your cheeks and ears; I love that you love to eat; I love your flat butt and fat thighs; I love that while playing peekAboo you get startled and then crack up laughing; I love to kiss you; I love that you don't care that I haven't lost my baby belly fat and just enjoy jumping up and down on it as if it were trampoline; I love your milky grin surrounding my nipple; I love that you already have a little bit of patience; I love to touch you and snuggle with you; I love that you are my daughter; I just simply love the essence of you, your Lyla-ness. Thank you for being born. My one wish for you as you continue to grow and eventually become a full grown adult is that you always KNOW this: that you were and are deeply loved and accepted without judgement and that you are always welcome into my life. I love you baby girl, always and forever and ever
love,  mama

No comments:

Post a Comment