Wednesday, August 24, 2011

monkey feet

Lyla, I miss your monkey feet. What are monkey feet, you ask? Well, you see, before you could crawl, your feet clung to just about everything. You could even pick a toy up using both your feet and bring it up to your hands. I used to say that if you were falling from a cliff and there happened to be a tree limb jutting from the side, you'd easily be able to save yourself from the fall just by catching the limb with your monkey feet. They would curve beautifully around just about anything and you were able to make your feet cling to things in such a way that it looked like it was supposed to be attached to you. It was funny and cute and I loved it! Now that you crawl and sometimes walk, you just don't do it anymore. I miss those monkey feet, but I still kiss them. I kiss your tiny feet because many times, when I kiss them, you curve them around my lips and that makes me smile and remember your monkey feet. I love you Lyla, always

No comments:

Post a Comment