Monday, September 19, 2011

Halley's Comet

Hey kiddo. Did you know that babies present challenges and puzzles to their parents? For example, sometimes babies cry and cry and cry. Mamas and Papas try and try and try to figure out why. And, sometimes, we just can't figure it out. Then, we try and try and try to discover a way to at least help you stop crying. When you were younger, your Mama and I had a wonderfully fun moment with you. You were crying and crying and crying and nothing we did helped. I started singing Halley's Comet and you immediately stopped crying and started smiling. We loved it. You smiled. We smiled. We danced. You danced. So much fun. For about 2 weeks, this worked almost every single time you cried. I'd sing Halley's Comet and you'd quiet. We loved it. We love you. You rock kiddo. You rocked from birth!
Love, Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment