Wednesday, September 10, 2014

All you need is love

My dear sweet Lyla. You were being impossible. Yes, even wonderful you can sometimes behave not so wonderfully. So, you're behaving poorly and after numerous redirects and telling you to settle down, you hit me in the face. Not on purpose or to be mean, but because you are being crazy and not settling down. It was an accident but one that shouldn't have happened and wouldn't have if you'd just listen to me! I got upset and made you sit on your chair to think about what happened. You, of course, cried and it was not easy. After 2 minutes, you sat on my lap so we could talk. First, I thanked you for saying you were sorry right away. Then we talked about listening to my words because I usually have a good reason why I'm telling you something. Finally, I explained to you that I always love you. Always. I love you even when you do something wrong or misbehave. My love is unconditional. It was important for me to say this to you because your poppy and I never had that kind of love except from each other. There you are, tears still in your eyes, sitting in my lap with your arm around my neck, you hug me and tell me: "mama, I still love you even when you do something wrong." Dear Lyla, I hope this will always be true because I'm bound to 'do' wrong many times. I love you my sweet Lyla bear, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment