Monday, March 9, 2015

Untitled

Dear Lyla, today you fell and hit your head. Hard. There was so much blood and I got scared. You're ok, didn't even need stitches. But in those initial moments, holding onto you with your bleeding head against my shoulder, I was afraid. Afraid to have you look up at me so I could examine your wound. Afraid of what would be under all that blood. I'm very sorry if my fear made things worse for you. I'm sorry that I'm not as strong as you need sometimes. Instead of looking at your wound, I yelled for poppy to come help. And when he didn't come fast enough, I yelled for him again telling him to hurry. I'm sorry for that too. I want to be stronger for you and set good examples and I will try harder in the future. Now, as you lay next to me, I can hear you breathing as you sleep and I'm forever grateful you didn't need stitches and that you are ok. And, I'm thankful for your words of encouragement tonight after we returned home from the doctor's office. I told you I wished I could have saved you. And you replied, that I did save you because I took you to the doctor. Thanks Lyla. I love you always

No comments:

Post a Comment