Saturday, May 30, 2015
Distraction
Lyla, recently we were playing before bed time (you're good at coming up with something that's so fun that we both forget it's bed time). You were keeping me "trapped" in your room. So, I jokingly shouted, "Look! Elvis!" You turned and looked and I escaped. But, then, you kept asking me what I'd seen and how you'd missed it. I explained that it was just a "trick" to distract you. There really wasn't anything there. So, you asked me to do it again. You wanted to be in on it. Back into the room I went. You blocked the door with your body. I shouted, "look!" and you turned and looked and I escaped. And, then you turned back and were clearly disappointed you hadn't seen whatever I'd seen. I explained again and you smiled. Then, you said, do it again. So we did. And, guess what? I said "look!" and guess what you did? You fell for it again! I think we did that 5 times total and you could never stop yourself from looking. It was hilarious. I love watching you grow. You're the best. We have such fun together. Love, Poppy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment