Monday, January 11, 2016
New thoughts
A few days ago I picked you up from a friend's. I told you that Mama missed you. You got a scrunched up look on your face like you were thinking and quickly asked, "well, why didn't she pick me up then?" Oh Lyla, you are growing by leaps and bounds. It is so amazing to watch your brain make new connections and think new ways. We talked about how one time, because you didn't want to leave, you ran to another room as soon as you saw Mama. You cried and told her you didn't want to come home. I said that, even though Mama knew you loved her and just wanted to stay, it still tore at her heart to have you run from her, so I came this time. You, of course, said, "well, I don't do that every time." And, of course, you don't. I told you that, if you could keep not doing that, Mama would know she could come and you wouldn't run from her. You smiled and held my hand and said "ok."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment