Last night we went to a birthday party for Laurel (Aaron and Emily's daughter). You really wanted to play ping pong. So, apparently you went right up to an adult who had been playing and got them to play with you. I looked over and there you were with a woman in her 40s or 50s playing ping pong like this was something that happened everyday. I love that you aren't afraid to ask. I love that you aren't deterred to ask in the future by the occasional negative response. I love how you so easily transition between adults and kids. You are truly incredible.
Sunday, August 19, 2018
Kids not required
Two nights ago you and I went to Jennifer's house for a "porch party" she was having. Mama couldn't come with us. You were the only kid among lots of adults. This apparently didn't bother you in the slightest. You wandered away from me and found two friends and chatted away. You convinced them to sit on the porch swing and there the three of you sat. To me, there were a lot of people there and I was tired. Although I was glad to see Billy and Jennifer, I was ready to go home. I came to check on you and, before I could say it was time to go soon, you asked me, "Can you go back inside?" You were enjoying your "girl time" and didn't need your Poppy there. You are truly an amazing girl. Your two adults friends seemed equally happy to be sitting with you. I love your confidence. I love how you draw the best out in people. I love that you can have a conversation with anyone. You ask them questions and are genuinely interested in their answers. I know plenty of adults that haven't figured out how to be that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment