Dear Lyla,
I love our morning ritual. You are so happy when you wake! I hear your little grunts and the loud bang of your tiny feet hitting your cosleeper and I know that you will soon be waking. Shortly thereafter I hear you talking to the dark of the room, letting the world know you have indeed woken. I get up and look down at you. I don't reach to pick you up immediately because I know that just standing there looking down at you I shall soon be rewarded. And, rewarded I am with your infectious breathtaking smile that just lights up your face and makes my heart so happy to be beating. After sharing in morning smiles, I pick you up and away we go to your nursery for diaper changing and breakfast. I undress you from your sleeper blanket and PJs and then, starting at your feet, shower you with kisses and good mornings...
good morning feet(kiss, kiss),
good morning belly(kiss),
good morning hands(kiss, kiss),
good morning cheeks(kiss, kiss),
good morning nose(kiss),
good morning forehead(kiss)
good morning Lyla(with a kiss to your smiling lips).
I make sure the kisses are loud enough for you to hear to keep you smiling and happy! I then change your diaper and put your PJs back on for breakfast. I stand you up and sing: good morning, good morning, good morning to you, and then give you a big hug and kiss on the head as we walk to your rocker. Breakfast time has arrived and you are ready to eat! After eating and a burp or two, we say goodbye to the stars and read our twinkle twinkle little star book and then a couple others that sound good at the time. Our day has begun, and each new day brings new Lyla wonders to treasure. We've been doing this for the past 2 months and I hope we continue for many, many more years to come. I love you Lyla, always
No comments:
Post a Comment