Lyla,
This morning, when you woke from your nap, you smiled you radiant smile and stayed in my lap. Lately, you've wanted to get down right away and play on your own for a bit. You used to stay on my lap for a while and play with me and snuggle. I've missed that.
Today, you did that again. You woke and began dancing in my lap to the Grateful Dead (now I KNOW you're my daughter). Then, you gave me a kiss. I asked for another, and you gave me another! I thought I'd push my luck if I asked for a third, but you gave me another! Then, you pulled my eye mask over my eyes and then pulled it up for peekaboo. How fun. You'd never done that on your own before. We played peekaboo several times and each time you giggled outrageously. I got up my courage, asked for another kiss, and received not one but three more. Ahh, perfecto. To top it all off, you ended our time with another little dance to the Grateful Dead before scooting off of my lap.
I can die happy.
Love,
Papa
No comments:
Post a Comment