Sunday, January 1, 2012

Top 10!

Lyla Girl,
The new year has arrived. Amazing. We've turned over two calendars with you in our lives. Simply astounding. Your Mama and I look forward to many, many more. As you grow, you'll learn that I like to list favorite things, favorite moments, favorite scenes in a movies, etc. (heck, as you grow you'll learn what etc. means too!). Today your Mama and I played top 10 favorite Lyla moments and things from 2011. Here they are in no particular order:
We absolutely loved the time your pediatrician turned to us and said, 'you have one of those high energy babies!' Understatement!!!
We loved our visit to Sunrock Farm as a family.
Our first river walk as a family will always be a favorite, with you dancing to te Grateful Dead as we sat by the river.
This brings us directly to your dancing, especially your first dance to Baby Beluga.
We loved the first time you twirlled. We knew you were born a Deadhead :)
I (Papa) especially loved your first taste of soft serve fozrn yogurt with me and your Mama. Your Mama, in turn, absolutely loved your first taste of Ice Cream at Graeter's. We've decided conceptually these count as one, one for Papa and one for Mama!
I (Papa) loved the first time you literally woke fom your nap dancing to te music I was listening to ad you napped on me.
Meeting G'Nana (Great Gandmother Carle)
We will always cherish our memory of you sitting in your birthdat tutu on your birthday eating your birthday cake's candle.
And, how could we ever forget the delightful grunts you made attempting your first sit ups!
Bonus:
We can't tell you how many times we've watched you sneeze on video :)
Love,
Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment