Dear Lyla, happy birthday to you! Tomorrow you will turn 4 years old and there is nothing I can do to stop it. And, mostly, I don't want to because you are so excited to be turning 4. I love celebrating you. I love that you were born. You are an amazing little girl. I'll probably say the same or similar things to you each year. But, they're all so very true. You are lovely and loving, you are daring and determined, you are brave and strong, you are inquisitive and intelligent, you are joyous and bright, you are adorable and happy, you are interesting and worthy, you are creative and magical, you are simply the best child I could possibly have in my life. Thank you for being born. Thank you for being a great daughter and making my life so much happier and brighter. At this time four years ago, I was in a hospital bed wondering when you were going to decide to come out and meet me. The next day you arrived and was placed in my arms. And, oh my, I was beaming with love for you. After introducing myself and telling you I loved you, one of the first things I said to you was a quote from a Josh Ritter song: all the other girls here are stars, you are the northern lights. And you continue to be simply that awesome. You light up my life. I am forever grateful to have you in my life. I have loved you from day one and I will love you forevermore. I'm glad you were born and so lucky you were born to me. Happy birthday Lyla Bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment